Sunday, September 15, 2013

Take a Bow



My BWF Kate (that's Best Work Friend, for those of you not in the know) is crazy about bows. I made her a linen bow clutch a while back using this tutorial from Elm Street Life and she loved it. It's a great little bag but I haven't made any for sale because I'm a stickler for not copying others' work, especially for profit. Not that I am successful enough to really exploit anyone, but still.

Another thing Kate's crazy about is this guy Aaron, which is why they're getting married next week. She asked me if I would please make some fancy-schmancy bow clutches for her and her bridesmaids and of course I said yes! 

She got this really pretty silver silk dupioni and while I was nervous about working with silk, I was game to try. It turned out to be easy (the cut edges just fray A LOT  but I'm used to working with messy fabric) and the bags turned out really pretty. 

The inside is a lovely cotton with gray polka dots and Kate is also crazy about polka dots. Come to think of it, she's pretty crazy so that pretty much explains what she's doing hanging out with the likes of me. 

In any case, happy wedding Kate!

1 comment: