Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Totes Adorbs



Is it normal for sewists to be inspired by the scraps sitting around their sewing areas? Sometimes when I am just trying to tidy my space I wind up making something, like the quilted panels above that are made with the crazy triangle squares left over from the banners I made two weeks ago. And the second photo, a tote made with the remainders of my lining from the turquoise blue polka dot bags I made last week. Even though they started out as afterthoughts, I think they turned out totally adorable.

P.S. I wish my photography skills were as good!

8 comments:

  1. Love...! Is the bottom one with the blue print also black? Because if it is, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, on closer (and with zoom) inspection, I see it is a cream colored bag against a black chair...darn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I'm not drawn to black fabric but I'll try to get some next time at the fabric store just for you!

      Delete
    2. :) You know I like me some black...combined with your pattern/color combinations...!!!!!

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful additions to the Jana Spring Collection... You're getting more adventurous and creative. I love the abstract patterns and the colors are divine. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, but especially the one at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like black also!! But I do love your patterns and color combinations!! This is such tiny print I can't see what I'm writing.
    I'm a big fan! My friends who I gave your little purses to as thanks for helping me at work when I had my accident, loved the purses!!

    ReplyDelete